Thursday, January 14, 2010

Intro to Me

Introduction to Me


My name is Wes Johnson, I am a 31 year old male living in Springville Utah. I have been married for just over 8 years to my beautiful wife Keri. Keri works as an Ultrasonographer at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in the perinatology department. I work at the Utah State Hospital and have the past 6 years. I am a Psychiatric technician, a fancy way of saying I am a psychiatric orderly, basically. My wife and I have two little girls, Brooklyn (5) and Hadley (3) that are along with Keri the light of my life.

I grew up in southern Utah county in Payson, where I enjoyed playing all sports but found myself mostly drawn to wrestling. I wrestled all through my developing years, and through out high school as well. I still enjoy most sports and really have a yearning to spend time outdoors. I love to mountain bike, play paintball, hike, or do pretty much anything else in nature.

After graduating from Payson High school I served a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in New York City speaking Cantonese. Upon returning home I began my college studies at what was then UVSC in the fall of 1999. I was studying Psychology and had a desire to become a profiler for the FBI. After a couple of semesters I decided to stop school to foolishly try to work and save money for my wife and I, and didn’t go back to school until 5 years later. Once I returned to school my focus was different, I had worked in psychology and wanted no part of a career in it anymore, so I decided to work towards a job in either sports or the media. These interests led me to the Communications department.

I am now finishing up my bachelors degree this semester and hope to be able to find a job working with people in the fields I enjoy most, preferably the biking industry. HR would play into this as well as I enjoy working with people and would really be interested in an HR position, so this class has a great deal of interest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment