Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recap

Upon discussing the topics of chapter 7 and chapter 8 in class today I was struck by the different types of training that all of the individuals in my group have been through, and it seemed to me that there was a mostly negative tone regarding the process of training. How quickly we forget that many times we are trained on the the things that actually make us successful as well as those things that frankly suck about training. There are actually many times that training happens that is very good and I enjoy it. There also seemed to be a feeling amongst the class that all companies should have an internal training division and that they should only use them, this is just silly. There is a necessity to have outside training groups, some companies are small and do not have any need for a training department, others are technologically incapable of training their crews. There are many reasons why someone would use them.

We didn't really discuss the evaluation process but I believe that many of my group would have felt similar to the way I do about the political nature of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment